What is the TarotBlogHop? Find out HERE!
April 30, 2012
What is the TarotBlogHop? Find out HERE!
April 28, 2012
April 27, 2012
April 26, 2012
April 25, 2012
April 24, 2012
April 23, 2012
|With my Tarot & Angel Cards at the Exhibition|
I have been very busy since the last few days, and it is the reason for my absence on this blog. I haven't been able to post my Card of the Day as well. I have been busy with a Tarot stall that I held at an exhibition on April 19th and 20th. It was hectic, and a lot of fun. I thank my mom who stood by my side and helped me along the way. There were many ups and downs. It was HOT and on top of that, the fans would conk off at times. Some people wouldn't know what tarot was and referred to my cards as 'Magic tricks' :-S Some were skeptics, and then again, some were receptive. So all in all, it was an interesting experience to put up a spiritual stall among all other materialistic things like jewelry, clothes and watches. Whoever did a reading with me, were very happy and satisfied, and some skeptics who tried the cards for a lark were pleasantly surprised. I think I made a few of them converters.
|With my mom at the Exhibition|
|Reading for children|
1. Never be skeptical - I was unsure of putting up this stall as most of the people there were not into Tarot. Go against the tide, and believe that you can bring about a change in people's attitude. Just because people are skeptical about you, doesn't mean to start to doubt yourself. Try and you can change them or get them to see your point of view.
2. Children are angels - This experience reiterated this fact to me. More than the adults, children were drawn to my stall like moths to a flame. I also did a few free readings for them. :-)
3. Word of mouth - That is the best form of publicity. Spread the word, to whoever you can about your business. Do not underestimate or think that your clientele is only a particular section of the society.
4. Meeting new people - This always happens when you do something new, you meet new people. It is always better to experiment and go outside than sit at home. I also made a new friend, who had a stall besides me. She had a kurti stall but has also done a course in graphology. She read my hand writing and was very good!
5. Encouragement - I got a lot of positive feedback about my readings which was very encouraging and has increased my confidence in myself and my reading abilities.Do not be afraid to try anything new, you will only grow as a person and learn new things.
6. Only see the positive, not the negative - Learn to grasp only the positive and ignore the negative aspects. If you keep thinking about the negative aspects, you will never move forward. You will stay stagnant and be where you are.
Here's to many more exhibitions and experiences in the future! Cheeeeeeeeeeerssss!
April 17, 2012
April 16, 2012
April 14, 2012
April 13, 2012
April 12, 2012
|Queen of Cups from the Morgan |
Greer Tarot deck.
This is a very simple exercise. Remove only the Court cards and only use them for the purpose of this spread.You can use the Court cards of any deck, and if you do not read reversals, you could also avoid that. Here, I will be using the Revelations Tarot.
So, here goes, the Who Am I - I Am spread.
Whatever are the roles you play in your life, list them down. I listed - sister, daughter, wife, friend, mother (though i am not a mother, my motherly qualities), human being, academic, tarot reader. So, let's see what cards I get for all these roles I play in my life. I have a feeling, this spread is one of those which is an eye opener. No one likes to see the bad aspects of themselves, and sometimes they feel guilty that they are not good mothers, but the cards could think otherwise. So, it's a good spread to answer the question about who you really are. Try and join one quality from each of the cards which attracts you and feel fits you, to form an image of yourself, which you feel reflects who you are. The most important thing in this spread is to be honest. You cannot play games with yourself. After picking a card, keep it back in the deck, so that it could be repeated, so you could get the Queen of Wands in even 3 aspects of your life.
Sister - Knight of Wands (Rx) - scattered energies
I may not be the best sister, I don't know how to focus my energies in the right direction. I need to work on that.
Daughter - Knight of Cups - giving
My relationship with my mother is great, and I give her lots of love and emotional support.
Wife - Page of Pentacles - dutiful
As I wife, I am a page, I become a child who is pampered. I am dutiful and do what is expected of me.
Friend - Queen of Wands - social
As a friend, I am social and friendly. With my friends, I am outgoing and expressive.
Mother - Knight of Pentacles (Rx) - stressed
As a mother, I will be stressed out LOL, this knight looks pretty upset. Maybe I will have to learn to destress myself, and save myself from getting hysterical!
Human being - Page of Swords - intelligent
I am analytical and intelligent, and a good judge of people.
Academic - Page of Cups - Study with my heart
I put in my heart and emotions when I study. If I'm emotionally attached to the subject, I study well.
Tarot reader - Queen of Cups (Rx) - mysterious
As a tarot reader, I am mysterious and secretive. The Queen of Cups(Rx) is overemotional. I should be less attached to my clients and less 'involved'.
Overall, I have a balance of Wands, Pentacles, Cups and Swords in my personality so it is well-balanced. On the other hand, I got the Knight three times suggesting a quality that I love to 'charge' at things and keep things moving. I have no King card showing that I am not the 'boss' or the 'ruler' in any of the roles in my life.
I found this a very interesting exercise of self analysis. Why don't you try it?
April 11, 2012
April 10, 2012
April 09, 2012
April 08, 2012
April 07, 2012
April 06, 2012
April 05, 2012
April 04, 2012
1. Chennai Super Kings
2. Mumbai Indians
The card I picked for MI is the 10 of Pentacles. This is a great card of teamwork and unity. They will have a great joint effort and will earn a lot of money, probably through endorsements. The owners will be in profit no matter how the team performs. They will do very well as a team. The old man in the card could represent Sachin Tendulkar, who is very respected in this side. He is the solid foundation on which they stand.
3. Kolkata Knight Riders
4. Delhi Daredevils
5. Pune Warriors
6. Rajasthan Royals
7. Kings XI Punjab
8. Royal Challengers Bangalore
9. Deccan Chargers
So, wear your jerseys, your caps and get ready for the IPL! Blow your whistles and wave your flags!
Stay tuned for IPL predictions for the important matches!!
Check out my Facebook Page for daily IPL updates. Check out my prediction for today's Chennai Super Kings VS Mumbai Indians in a while.... or see my tweets on Twitter
April 03, 2012
April 02, 2012
April 01, 2012
By the way, I love the back side of these cards, they're a lovely purple with an abstract design, where you can't make out if the card is reversed or straight up.
(The short form for Reversals/Reversed cards is Rx which will be used frequently)
Let's proceed to today's Card of the Day using the Revelations Tarot deck which is the Two of Pentacles.
Today, is a day of balance and handling money matters. This makes sense, as in India we have the Banks Closing Day, which was yesterday, so I'm sure many bankers and chartered accountants are deeply busy in handling financial matters. You will be busy today, juggling many commitments. This is also true in my case, as I have 'two' tarot appointments, and also have another commitment in the evening where I have to juggle off to! But as the card says, you will be able to handle things very well, and have a successful conclusion to events.