January 31, 2012

TarotBlogHop: How Can I Be a Better Candle?

Check out the Previous Imbolc Tarot Blog Hop blog by Jordan 


 Creating a blog where so many other fellow tarot readers are involved gives you a sense of community. I would love to see what everyone has written about this one topic. I was thinking and ‘musing’ over what to write when I thought of devising a spread to answer the question ‘How can I be a better candle?’ So below I have ‘invented’ a spread and asked this question for myself.

How can I be a better candle?

A candle is a symbol of enlightenment and spiritual growth. It also aids in meditation and calms you down. Before a reading, the light of a candle can instill confidence in the reader and looking into its flame can give you clarity in your readings. Even a confused or an unfocused client is able to ask clear questions. Candles are used in meditations and in India there is one called Jyoti Meditation where you focus on the flame and imagine it entering and enlightening your body. The main use of a candle is that it can lighten even the darkest room, and bring light and clarity. So, how can we be a candle, meaning how can we bring light and clarity in our lives and the lives of others? How can I be a candle which shines its light on the world?

Different Candles for Different Purposes

I have classified our needs and desires into different candles for different areas of our life. You can try this spread at home and of course do not forget to keep a candle in between the cards to inspire you!! Once I went to a metaphysical store where they sold candles, and the store owner said that each candle corresponds to an area in our life which needs healing. If we need love in our life, we should light a pink candle. If we need to increase our intuition, we should light a dark blue or purple candle. Based on this I have formed a simple but effective spread called the Candle Spread. This spread is meant for bringing light into the different areas of your life.

The Seven Candle Spread

Ask your Tarot Cards, How can I be a better candle?  And remove 7 cards and place them as above.
Using the very spiritual and philosophical Osho Zen Tarot deck, I picked the following cards:

Card 1 – Pink Candle – How can I bring more love into my life?

10 of Water – Harmony

My life is full of love and harmony. I need to be calm and learn to love myself from within. Only true inner happiness can result in increased love in my life. If I love myself, I will be able to attract more love into my life.

Card 2 – Yellow Candle – How can I bring more happiness into my life?

5 of Water – Clinging to the Past

I have a bad habit of clinging to the past at times. Letting go of the past is a sure way of embracing the future. Forget the past and negative situations for a happy future.

Card 3 – Red Candle – How can I fulfill my desires?

IV - The Rebel

I know what I want, but I’m afraid to be a rebel, afraid to stand out. I need to stop thinking about other people and be a bit rebellious. I need to spread my wings out a bit more.

Card 4 – Purple Candle – How can I increase my spiritual development?

IX - Aloneness

This is the Hermit card. By spending time with myself, I can understand my inner self more. This card is aloneness, which is different from loneliness. Aloneness is a state of being where you are happy being by yourself and realize that you are alone in this world. Everyone has their own spiritual path, and their own way to reach there.

Card 5 – Indigo Candle – How can I increase my intuition?

8 of Swords – Guilt

Subconsciously, I torment myself and am guilty about something. I need to trust myself more and listen to the voices in my head.

Card 6 – Green Candle - How can I bring more success and money into my life?

Page of Fire - Playfulness

I do not need to worry about this, as success will come into my life easily. I need not worry about this aspect. I just need to enjoy what I am doing and surrender myself. Money should not be a criteria for happiness. I need to have more fun!

Card 7 – White Candle – How can I be a better candle?

Ace of Rainbows - Maturity

From the book: This figure stands alone, silent and alert. The inner being is filled with flowers – that carry the quality of springtime and regenerate wherever he goes. This inner flowering and the wholeness that he feels affords the possibility of unlimited movement. He can move in any direction – within and without it makes no difference as his joy and maturity cannot be diminished by externals. He has come to a time of centeredness and expansiveness – the white glow around the figure is his protection and his light. All of life’s experiences have brought him to this time of perfection. When you draw this card, know well this moment carries a gift – for hard work well done. Your base is solid now and success and good fortune are yours for they are the outcome of what has already been experienced within.

This is a wonderful card to come up. This coincidently also belongs to the Rainbow suit and has all the Seven colours of the rainbow just like the Seven candles of this spread! This is also the last card on the last page of the Osho Zen Tarot companion book! This card means that I need to mature and reach the stage of ‘spiritual spring’ in my life to be a better candle or an enlightened soul.I need to reach a state where my happiness does not depend on external things. Inner growth and inner maturity will make me a better candle!!

Thanks for this wonderful opportunity to self-discovery, Stephanie Arwen Lynch! 

Please check out the Next Imbolc Tarot Blog Hop blog by Krysten http://violettekitty.blogspot.com

8 comments:

  1. Oh Kareena, be a rebel honey! I am LOVING this spread and yes, those colours are linked to Candle Magic. Had not thought to relate them to a Tarot spread before, nicely thought out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm so glad you participated in this lovely blog hop. That's a fantastic idea for a spread! I am so stealing it! Is there a color for Card 6?

    ... hopping on ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors and the linking to candle magic. How fun this is! So glad you joined us, Kareena!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for a spread! I want to light a different color candle, one a night, and put a card beside it to make it a living meditation that I can carry with me the next day as well. Wonderful idea. I love what you have done here.

    My favorite is the Rebel Red one. I'm doing THAT candle tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is a fabulous spread! I especially loved the Ace of Rainbows to round it all off :) Thanks for sharing with us, Kareena!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone.. but my apologies. i had saved a few photos along with this blog, but when this blog came they disappeared!! and i cant seem to find the edit button here. help! i think blogger changed a few things these few days, and its a bit confusing navigating through this blog.

    @Priestess: Ya i had forgotten what it is to be a rebel!! Breaking the rules and bunking college! LOL.. i need some excitement.. hmmmm

    @Zanna: Ya that was a mistake. It was the Green Candle representing success and money. Again, I had specially made an image with the card positions which did not appear on the blog...

    @Donnaleigh: Thank you :-) Candles are so beautiful! The readings I do with them are the best..

    @Inner Whispers: Thank you! I love that card! Its so pretty.. You can look it up, its from the Osho zen tarot. Its so colourful and flowery :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Arwen : Thanks for having me :-)))) Waiting for the next Tarot Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Card of the day: Raw Morganite

  Card of the day: Raw Morganite The keywords of the card are sensitivity, gentleness, empathy and compassion This is a time for you to embr...